5 Best Wraps and Burritos For Lower Blood Sugar
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY:
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS:
Which meal wraps are the best for managing glucose levels?
We want to keep making informative research-based videos for you. So if you got value from this video and would like more of it, you can send us a 'Super Thanks' by clicking the Thanks button at the bottom of the video. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! 🙂
Discover amazingly delicious but low-carb wraps and burritos to help you fight hunger and diabetes.
1) Breakfast burritos are simply scrambled eggs with your choice of sautéed vegetables and salsa, held together in a portable wrap. Though eggs are high in cholesterol, studies show that, eaten in moderation, eggs can actually help you reduce your levels of artery-clogging LDL cholesterol while increasing levels of heart-helping HDL cholesterol.
2) Mediterranean chicken wraps are traditionally made with cuts of boneless, skinless chicken breast. So you’ll receive an excellent helping of protein, without consuming those trans-fats and extra carbs you get from fried chicken. Mediterranean chicken wraps usually include cucumber, tomato, and cabbage. Plus, you can add extra flavor, and more diabetes-fighting micronutrients, by including hummus, tzatziki, or Greek yogurt.
3) Black bean burritos give you a wealth of plant-based protein, which, naturally, slows your digestion and helps to bring down your post-meal blood sugar. Plus, black beans are an excellent source of dietary fiber, which, just like protein, helps to slow digestion, thus minimizing the risk of a blood sugar spike.
4) If you love the fresh, natural flavor of sushi, but don’t have the time or money for an extravagant sushi dinner, you can find cost and time-effective sushi, wrapped in nutrient-rich seaweed. And you can order sushi burritos with a wide selection of nutrient-rich ingredients, including cucumber, avocado, tomato, red onion, and bell pepper.
5) Completely forego flour or grain-based tortillas by choosing lettuce as your wrap of choice. Lettuce not only provides glucose-lowering dietary fiber, it contains VITAMIN A for improved eye health, VITAMIN C for improved immune system health, and VITAMIN K for improved bone health.
The Top 10 Low-Carb Foods for Diabetics
12 Comments | Jan 26, 2023
5 Great Snack Combos For Diabetics
28 Comments | Jan 26, 2023
3 Filling Low-Carb Meals To Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
3 Comments | Jan 26, 2023
Diabetic goes vegan for 180 days. This happened.
30 Comments | Jan 26, 2023
Full Day Diabetic Meal Plan | Healthy Indian Diet Plan For Diabetes | Diabetic Diet Plan Vol – 1
12 Comments | Jan 26, 2023
6 Best and 6 Worst Vegetables For Diabetics
28 Comments | Mar 3, 2023